Thank you for your interest in working with Austin Free-Net. Listed below are current opportunities available to work within our organization. Many of our volunteers are community members who are currently looking for work. If you’d like to volunteer, please fill out our volunteer application.
Program and Operations Director (posted August 9, 2016)
Since 1995, Austin Free-Net (AFN) has provided technology training and access for the Greater Austin community, fostering skills that enable people to succeed in a digital age.
The Director of Program and Operations has oversight and the overall responsibility for all programs, training, public access to the labs, facilities, front office and the volunteer management systems. Develops and implements full-scale complex or multiple programs that may have both internal and external stakeholders to promote and achieve targeted goals and objectives and meet the agency strategic goals and objectives. Set and evaluate, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to measure the value that demonstrates the effectiveness of key business goals and objectives. Ensure compliance reporting is accurate and timely. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors’ degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Education or closely related field- Masters preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience providing program management services
- Three (3) years of which were in a supervisory, project or program management capacity.
- Three (3) years’ experience conducting performance appraisals, goal setting, HR systems
- Clear understanding of how to measure, set and assess Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to engage, motivate, and empower staff and promote a positive working environment
- Strong people and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with very diverse groups of people
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, and requests simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to clearly write case notes without grammatical errors; strong writing skills
- Ability to de-escalate situations with calmness, professionalism, sensitivity, and within ethical boundaries at all times
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all dealings and maintain confidentiality as required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid and current State of Texas driver’s license
- Reliable transportation with State of Texas required insurance
***No calls or unannounced drop in’s please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Austin, TX
- Supervision: 3 years
- Project Management: 3 years
- Program Management: 5 years
Please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by August 31, 2016.
AmeriCorps (Posted May 15, 2016)
AmeriCorps is seeking candidates for their upcoming service program.
Service with AmeriCorps is an enriching and educational experience that is unlike any other employment opportunity. A term of service lasts for 11 months, during which you will need to serve 1700 hours with one of the Literacy Coalition’s community partner agencies. During your 11 month term, you will be paid a stipend of just over $12,500, in bi-weekly payments of approximately $550. You will also receive free health benefits and many professional development trainings aimed at helping you develop teaching skills and other important skills such as networking and resume writing. In addition, AmeriCorps members are eligible for child care subsidies and food stamps. Finally, upon successful completion of your 1700 hour term of service, you will receive an education award of over $5,700 that can be used to pay off student loans or to pay for future schooling. Read more about the program.
Current AmeriCorps Positions with Austin Free-Net:
Apply for positions by July 31, 2016