Austin Free-Net Board of Directors:
- Kevin Enders, President, Dell
- Beth Tracy, Vice President, IBM
- John Sirman, Treasurer, Texas State Bar
- Elizabeth Quintanilla, Secretary, Marketing Gunslingers at EQ Consultants Group
- Belinda Matingou, Texas Association of Business
- Honorary Board Member, Honorable Wilhelmina Delco
Advisory Committee Members:
- Susan Engelking, Owner, Engelking Communications
- Sherri Greenberg, Professor, LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Hugh Forrest, Director, South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival
- Barbara Kelso, Owner, Kelso Consultants
- Evan Smith, CEO, The Texas Tribune
Juanita Budd, Executive Director
Juanita Budd is executive director of Austin Free-Net (AFN), a nonprofit technology pioneer that provides innovative free broadband access and training for Austin residents. Prior to joining AFN, Ms. Budd was the chief operations officer and vice president of Program Pathways for the Girl Scouts of Central Texas. There she implemented the strategic vision and leadership for the direct delivery of services and programs to girls and adult volunteers through the management of the membership, program, outreach, and volunteer services operating units. In this role, Ms. Budd managed more than 85 staff members in five locations across 46 Texas counties.
Ms. Budd has a bachelor of arts in political science from Bucknell University, a Human Resources Management Certificate from the University of Texas at Austin, certification from the Texas Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program, and is a certified mediator through the Dispute Resolution Center. She is currently working on her master of business administration.
Ms. Budd brings more than 18 years of nonprofit experience to her role as executive director of AFN. She has worked in a variety of roles, including volunteer, board member, staff, and officer duties. In addition to her work with Austin Free-Net, Ms. Budd serves as a consultant for the Texas Association for Nonprofit Organizations (TANO) and provides training on human resources issues and standard operating procedures. She also serves on the Board of Directors at Austin School for Performing and Visual Arts (ASPVA), MaD Miracles Advisory Board, and the National American University’s Campus Advisory Council.