UPCOMING ACCELERATE CLASSES
|Certification||Days||Time||Duration||Start Date||End Date|
|CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (Virtual Classroom)||T/W/TH||5PM - 9PM||6 Weeks||March 31, 2020||May 7, 2020|
|CompTIA IT Fundamentals+||T/W/TH||5PM - 9PM||6 Weeks||May 12, 2020||June 18, 2020|
|A+||T/W/TH||5PM - 9PM||14 Weeks||May 12, 2020||August 20, 2020|
Want to launch a career in IT?
Our ACCELERATE IT Workforce Development Program was launched in August 2016 through a grant from Texas Workforce Commission. The grant will allow Austin Free-Net to train 180 individuals with the CompTIA certifications they need to begin a career in Information Technology.
CompTIA A+ is the foundation of your IT career
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. It is about much more than PC repair.
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
Network+ & Security+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
- Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
What types of positions can graduates expect to get hired for?
Computer Support Specialist
Desktop Support Technician
Help Desk Analyst
Help Desk Technician
Information Technology Specialist (IT Specialist)
Technical Support Specialist
Read about Wages & Employment Trends
Computer Network Specialist
Network Support Specialist
Network Technical Analyst
Read about Wages & Employment Trends
“I went from earning $10 an hour to $18 at my new job. This never would have been possible without my CompTIA A+ certification and the connections I made at the AFN’s recruiting mixers”
Meet MARIANO! Our inaugural #WhyWeAreHereWednesdays ACCELERATE student.Posted by Austin Free-Net on Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Participants must qualify as low income status as defined by a total household income less than 200% of the poverty level amount. Please reference the chart below for annual household income limits.
Persons in Household
48 Contiguous States and D.C. Poverty Guidelines (Annual)
- Submit the online application and you will be contacted by AFN staff within 24-48 hours
- Once we have reviewed your application you will be contacted via email and asked to schedule an in-house general assessment
- After completed your general assessment you will be scheduled to participate in a phone interview
- If accepted into the scholarship program, you will be called and notified of class scheduling and what to expect on your first day
- CompTIA IT Fundamental+ Course
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- CompTIA Security+ certification
Read more on CompTIA Certifications
Our ACCELERATE candidates receive one-on-one job placement assistance and meet directly with recruiters during our regular in-house recruiting mixers.