PRESS RELEASE (For Immediate Release)
2209 Rosewood Avenue
Austin, TX 78702
Austin Free-Net Announces New Board Members
Austin, TX, September 29, 2017 — Austin Free-Net, a 501(c)( 3) nonprofit organization provides technology training and fosters skills that enable Austin area communities to succeed in today’s tech-savvy environment. On September 28, 2017 Austin Free-Net hosted its annual Board meeting at Texas Association of Business, 1209 Nueces Street, Austin, Texas, where new elected members were announced. The Board is led by Chair, Kevin Enders, Managing Director at Dell Technologies.
Existing members of the Board of Directors include:
- Board President: Kevin Enders, Dell Technologies
- Board VP: Belinda Matingou, Texas Association of Business
- Board Treasurer: John Sirman, Texas State Bar
- Board Secretary: Elizabeth Quintanilla, EQ Consultants Group
- Hon. Wilhelmina Delco, Texas House of Representatives (Ret.)
Advisory Committee members include:
- Hugh Forrest, Director, South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival
- Barbara Kelso, Owner , Kelso Consultants
- Evan Smith, ECO, The Texas Tribune
- Sherri Greenberg, Professor, LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Susan Engelking, Owner, Engelking Communications
New members of the Board of Directors include:
- Wendolyn Washington, Director, Diversity & Inclusion PSG at Intel Corporation, ensures Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) initiatives align with its business goals. She has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Houston and a Masters in Higher Education/Higher Education Administration from the University of Texas. Her experience includes; Lead at Intel; 2- year- Altera Corporation; 22 years Director, Talent Management Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)Diversity & Inclusion Lead at Intel; 2- year- Altera Corporation; 22 years Director, Talent Management Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Debra Dibble- Boone, Director, HUB Program Department, Austin Independent School District. She oversees the implementation and operations for this newly formed diversity and inclusion procurement contracting initiative at the District. Debra has a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with numerous years of management experience in engineering and procurement for the private and public sectors. She is actively involved in several community service organizations.
Austin Free-Net has served more than 28,000 people in the Austin area over the past year. The organization is addressing the problem of digital literacy through its free training courses, its public access labs offering mostly unlimited time on computers to learn, and its passionate volunteers who assist in the labs with computer issues. Additionally, Austin Free-Net offers job placement services to assist in resume writing, interview practice, and connecting them with employers for employment. Austin Free-Net continues to have a positive effect on Austin area communities in closing the digital gap.
To learn more about Austin Free-Net and their training events, visit https://austinfree.net, connect on with them on social media: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/austinfreenet and Twitter: http://twitter.com/austinfreenet.